Know About Handmade Clothes
It is a long process to make handmade clothes starting from raw material synchronization to final product development. Here are the steps involved in the process that depicts the delicate process handmade clothes go through.
The process includes
- Handling of the thread, the basic raw material known as yarn
- Finishing and coating of yarn to strengthen the quality of thread that is called as sizing
- Arranging the thread parallelly, known as warping
- Interaction of thread arranged in warp and weft that lead to the formation of textile known as weaving
- Post weaving quality check
- Folding and packing of textile fabric
In Handloom, processes are done manually by different artisans who have expertise in their area of work. The fabric that results from this long process is soothing, with good absorbent quality and brings with calm effect as it is an output of perseverance and skill. Being the handcrafted products you may find the certain irregularity in products that you can say is an authentication of handwork!
Proceeding ahead handcrafted textile reach to designers and boutique to turn into beautiful apparel to enhances the look of their patronage
To maintain the quality of handmade cloth here are tips to follow
- Handwash: It is always suggested to wash handmade clothing by hand. Machine wash is a rough and fast process that go along with the arrangement of handcrafted textile. While they have always been handled with care and personal attention, the maintenance can’t depend on the machine
- Cold water wash: As no chemical fixer is being used in handcrafted textile it is suggested to wash the handmade cloth with cold water using the mild detergent. Hot water may lead to huge color bleeding or color degradation of the cloth.
- Separate wash: It is suggested to wash handmade cloth separately as they do bleed in the initial wash
- Drying in soft light: Dry handmade clothes in soft light like early in the morning or later in the evening, harsh sun rays make a bad impact of handcrafted cloths as it leads to color fade or color degradation.
- The frequency of wash: Don’t wash handmade cloth frequently instead try to optimize the frequency of wash. Due to breathing space and good absorbent quality anyways handloom cloth don’t get body odour, so wash it when they are dirty or used multiple times.
- Ironing: Iron handmade cloth immediately after drying. Unironed cloths get crumpled which may take more hard work if you want to smooth it later on.
- Folding and arrangement: Arrange your handmade clothes on a hanger and avoid to have many folds. In the case of Pure Silk and Chanderi fabric, clothes may tier up if kept on the same fold for many years.
It is undoubtedly a craft to create your own style statement and if you express yourself through handmade clothes that definitely bring another kind of aura along with personality. One of the best thing about handcrafted textile and handmade clothes are they are classics that never grow old and never go wrong. With some careful maintenance, you can enhance the durability for your classic wardrobe.
You can check the beautiful collection of handmade cloth at bebaakstudio. They bring authentically handcrafted women apparel range inspired from the folk craft of India.
Also check the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Reviews, the recently released advanced Vaccum
Know more details at Whifeed about the Lifestyle, Entertainment, tech, Sports and more about trending and updates.