Have You Tried Chha Gosht:
Another of Himachali delicacy, Chha Gosht is a dish that is made with marinated lamb meat cooked in a gravy of gram flour, yogurt, and spices such as cardamom, red chili powder, coriander powder, bay leaf, asafoetida and ginger-garlic paste.
Chha Gosht is easy to prepare at home if don’t know then check below for more.
Chha Gosht Ingredients:
- ½ kg mutton on the bone
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tsp gram flour
- 4-6 dry red chili
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp hing (asafetida) powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of methi (fenugreek) seeds
- A couple of bay leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Steps to make Chha Gosht, Chha Gosht recipe:
- Wipe the mutton clean and keep aside.
- Beat the yogurt till smooth.
- Make a thin paste of gram flour with a few spoons of water and add it to the yogurt and blend well.
- Heat the mustard oil till smoking hot.
- Turn the heat down and add the dry red chilis.
- Once the chilis are almost looking burnt, add sabut masala) the cloves, the black pepper, cumin seeds, methi seeds, cinnamon powder, bay leaves, and the hing powder. Let it cook for about 2 minutes on the low heat.
- Add the mutton pieces, and stir well, so that all the masalas and the meat is well blended. Cook on a medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring periodically to ensure that the meat is evenly browned.
- Once the meat is nicely and evenly browned, take it off the heat, wait for a few minutes for it to stop cooking and then add the yogurt and gram flour paste to it, and stir it in well. (This is done so that the yogurt mixture doesn’t curdle.
- Put the meat back on to a medium heat and bring it to a boil. Add salt to taste. Now add turmeric powder and chili powder. Let it cook for another 20-30 minutes till the meat is cooked through. You can also pressure cook it for 10 minutes or 3-4 whistles if you wish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Prepare this Chha Gosht recipe, ingredients at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Read more about the Technology, Lifestyle and much more at Whizfeed