Be careful when you visit any Aadhaar Enrolment centers
Aadhar Centers in several places are continuing to illegally charge people for registering their Aadhaar or updating details. The enrollment of Aadhaar is supposed to be free and the official fee for changing one’s details Rs 25.
Many governments authorized and private centers across the country are allegedly duping people by charging them something between Rs. 100-500 for the same.
Since December last year closed to 6000 operators blacklisted for overcharging Aadhaar applicants. Incidents for overcharging were reported primarily from Delhi NCR, Tamilnadu’s capital Chennai and across Jharkhand.
UIDAI has increased the penalty for violation stipulated guidelines from Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000 and it has come into effect since July.
Actual Aadhaar charges are listed below :
- Aadhaar charges new enrollment – Free
- Biometric update for children at age 5 and 15 – Free
- Biometric update of registered adults – Rs. 25
- Demographic update (Name,Address,Mobile number,etc..) – Rs. 25
- Finding Aadhaar and black-and-white print out – Rs.10
- Finding Aadhaar and colour print out – Rs. 20